Wednesday 4 March 2015

The Frustrated 'Aspi' and the Meeting

I love and loathe meetings.

Love the protocol, the organisation,
And the language: minutes, chair, motions, second and agenda.
Love the soft 'g' in that word 'agenda.'

Loathe the fluff of:
Preening egos, ulterior agendas, (got it in there again) and jockeying for position.
The well organised, constructive and efficient meeting,
Gives me a strong feeling of solidarity and optimism.

The emotive, vacillating meeting stresses me to near tears.
Then frustration releases my most blunt, hard-edged persona.
The double edged sword of social embarrassment and helplessness overwhelms.
I can keep up the façade of vacuous conviviality......
Normally,
But at a meeting there is an even chance that it will end in tears......
Most likely mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment