Tuesday 24 February 2015

Pedagogy-The Pleasure of inspiring Learning

It is not teaching that I do,
Rather,,
Facilitate learning.
Encourage an emotional attachment in my diminutive scholars.
If not in what they discover,
But in my own excitement for each subject.
For example;
In expressing the unfathomable patterns of written English. 
I want them to feel sympathy for all the letters that make up their words.
To understand how letters react as they come together.
'e' is so bossy making those vowels say their name.
And 'h' has such a calming influence on 's','t' and 'p'.
And how numerals combine magically in tens,
Just like our fingers and toes.
The wonderful patterns when multiplying 9 and 11,
And the mystery of pi.
I don't impart knowledge and facts,
Like horrible medicine that can only be regurgitated,
With little understanding or application.
No I embrace the role of pedagogue
And feel that it is the practice of my art
To inspire wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment