Saturday 26 September 2015

Some compartments of my life

I live my life within smallish compartments of time.
Each with its individual focus.
To which I give my fullest attention.

The compartment of writing this poem,
It contains the fantastical images,
That make metaphors,
And give me the words.
I let them out to play upon the page,
And make music in my ears.
These thoughts make me smile inwardly.

The compartment of sharing my thoughts and ideas,
With another human being,
Feeling the welcomeness of their company,
The sound of their unique voice,
The warmth of their presence,
And familiarity of their smell.
The solidarity of being so joined in his moment.
Makes my heart swell in the cavity of my chest.

The compartment of remembered moments.
This is where I recollect, I sit quietly,
And reflect upon recent happenings.
The times when I felt connected and comfortable.
The moments that fortified my heart with joy.
And of those individuals to whom I am connected.
This makes my soul sing and ache at the same time.
As I miss them.




No comments:

Post a Comment