Wednesday 17 June 2015

And then came George

Old cars come with cassette players.
Left near a bin at a coastal campsite,
Old cassettes.
Compilations recorded from the radio.
This was all news to me.

This is not one of my tapes I think to myself.
Man, he has got worse taste then I thought.
What a mix.

The day has been long and not gone well.
I feel that slow fill on the road to overwhelm,
Almost at my eyes.
I am tired and still have a long night drive.
Takeaway cappuccino from the cafe perks me at least awake.
I persist through the mediocre songs and sing along.
I turn down, the truly bad.
And then when the urge to just switch off is almost upon me,
I hear the opening instrumental,
And it's George...

"All I have to do is to,
Love you,
All I have to be is to,
Be happy.
All it's got to take is some,
Warmth to make it,
Blow away, blow away, blow away"

No comments:

Post a Comment