Sunday 14 June 2015

The Conundrum of Social Bonding


How to socially bond, with people you truly like,
But have so little in common with? 
Forget the ASD.
I do 'talk the talk'.
I mean 'practise reciprocity',
And I mostly control my urge to talk incessantly about....
Well things I'm interested in.

But...
Then where is the sincerity?

I do not live as my friends do.
I don't even have a telly, 
I write poetry and songs, 
And love string.

I sense the discomfort they feel. 
They see someone before them who is friendly,
But who does not play the game of inclusivity. 
I don't know anything about 'fit bits' or 'Game of Thrones', or 'Candy Crush'.
I cook mainly organic food from scratch.

I can see that they feel judged by me. 
As if my nonconformity is taking a moral,
Or worse 'pseudo intellectual' high ground.

It is very perplexing.


No comments:

Post a Comment